A lot of people think that there is no difference between an essay and a composition. In fact, it is absolutely not so. The fact is that an essay refers to the prose literary genre. The word appeared in the French language and it means "a sketch". In this work, the author demonstrates his own experience, the way they see a certain problem or issue. This work does not aim to give an answer to a certain question in full, that is, an exhaustive one. The author should rather try to express his or her opinion.
Regular writing of essays can teach you how to present data or events correctly, find arguments in favor of your opinion and learn to develop logic.
Essay also has its own distinctive features. This style has its own characteristics:
- The style of writing is conversational. So, you do not need to make proposals too long and complex in formulation;
- The style should be effortless in order to establish contacts with the reader quickly;
- The author's position in the essay is absolutely subjective. There is the author's opinion and vision of the issue or problem that is discussed in the work;
- There must be a certain narrow topic that will encourage the reader to think;
- The problem should be subjected to detailed analysis, and the author should argue his/her point of view, based on the factual material;
- Despite the fact that the essay should be brief, there is no limit to the number of pages;
- By its nature, an essay is a presentation, but it does not fit certain boundaries or frameworks.
That is, essay aims to make the reader think, while the author does not need to insist on his/her point of view.